Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti


Sometimes a cup of coffee feels a little lonely sitting there on your kitchen table or desk. In comes the biscotti. Not quite a cookie but so much better than a cracker, this classic Italian treat and coffee were made for each other. When I was little, I desperately wanted to eat biscotti. They looked liked cookies, often drizzled with yummy chocolate. Imagine my disappointment when I took my first bite only to find that it was extremely hard and dry, not all like the cookies I was used to. After watching my mother dip them in her coffee, I would grab a mug, fill it with milk and proceed to soak my biscotti. Since then, my relationship with coffee has begun and so has a true love for these hard cookies. 

I stumbled upon a biscotti recipe online here and was pleasantly surprised at how easy they were to make. Essentially you are double baking a sugar cookie dough, first in a log form and then in pieces to create the crispy texture. These pistachio ones are my favorite mostly because I have a special weakness for pistachios anything and because they somehow feel more Italian. That being said, you can customize them any way your heart desires. Enjoy with a piping hot coffee, latte or even a late night glass of milk :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment